Getting Started

Getting Started:  Frosh Enrollment Guide

Now that you are a UCSC admitted and SIR'ed freshman, the following information is your guide to getting started in your major...

If you have already completed the three Orientation modules see our Orientation Guide for first year students. This guide will cover commonly asked questions and requirements for the major. Remember, all courses for our majors must be taken for a letter grade, as outlined in our Letter Grade Policy

Students with Advanced Placement credit must provide Admissions with an official copy of your test score sent directly from the College Board.  You can verify your AP credit in your MyUCSC portal. For information on how your AP credit applies to your enrollment and your major, see our Advanced Placement Credit page.

If you have taken a college-level course that you would like credit for, you must send an official transcript to Admissions.  If you wish to have that same course applied toward your major requirements, send an unofficial copy of your transcripts to